Frequently Asked Questions
How does your payroll system work?
MasterPay USA helps you automate time-consuming payroll work through a convenient online system. Simply contact us to enroll. Then, step-by-step, we will keep you on track for all your payroll tasks, whether you’re running payroll or issuing W-2s. Upcoming tasks appear on your Dashboard every time you login to your account. For pay days, MasterPay USA instantly calculates your deductions and lets you pay employees either by direct deposit or by a check from your account. Payroll tax payments are scheduled automatically. All federal and many state payroll tax filings can also be made electronically. Best of all, MasterPay USA integrates with QuickBooks as well as many other accounting software packages, so you never have to enter data twice.
How secure is my information?
We take the security of your data very seriously. Password protection, advanced encryption technology, 128-bit Secure Socket Layers, firewalls, heavily guarded servers and intrusion-detection devices all work together to prevent unauthorized access. For more information about our Data Security & Privacy provisions, click here.
What accounting software can I export to?
Our system integrates with many accounting and bookkeeping solutions, including QuickBooks, Quickbooks Online, QuickBooks for Mac, Quicken, Microsoft Money and Peachtree. With our accounting and bookkeeping integration, you never have to enter data twice.
You can also export your payroll data to Microsoft Excel.
How will my employees get paid?
You have options:
- Direct Deposit – The easiest and safest was to pay employees is to take advantage of our free direct deposit. For employee records, we create professional pay stubs you can print on your own paper. Even better, employees can log into a secure website to view and print their pay stubs online.
- Payroll Cards – Now you can offer the convenience of direct deposit to everyone, even without a bank account. Our free payroll debit cards give your employees instant access to their funds on pay day. No more long lunch breaks going to the bank or waiting for checks to clear. It’s a better option for everyone!
- MasterPay USA Check Distribution -Checks from your account will be printed at our office and sent to you for distribution on pay day, or mailed directly to your employees.
- Print Checks On-Site – Print paychecks from your computer using pre-printed computer check stock. Our system works with Quickbooks-compatible voucher checks with the check on the top third of the page, and the stub on the bottom two thirds of the page. You can order the correct check stock here.
- Manual/Handwritten Checks – Alternately, you may hand write checks using your own manual checks and print pay stubs using your own blank paper.
How does direct deposit work?
Direct deposit enables you to transfer funds electronically from your bank account to your employees’ accounts.
To set up direct deposit, submit a completed Application for Electronic Funds Transfer. Initial setup takes approximately 10 business days. After that, there is a 3-day lead time for direct deposit, for example, approve direct deposits on Tuesday by 8pm EST to guarantee they will arrive in your employees’ accounts on Friday.
You may direct deposit to employee accounts at any U.S. bank, and direct deposit is free of charge.
How do I print paychecks?
You can print paychecks from your computer using pre-printed computer check stock. Our system works with Quickbooks-compatible voucher checks with the check on the top third of the page, and the stub on the bottom two thirds of the page. You can order the correct check stock here.
Can I hand-write checks?
Yes. Many businesses with just 1-2 employees choose this alternative. You can print a full pay stub on plain white paper to accompany the check.
How do you help me pay payroll taxes and file tax forms?
When you approve a payroll, our system automatically schedules all of your federal payroll taxes and most state payroll taxes to be paid electronically.
We will also prepare and automatically e-file your federal and state payroll tax returns. You can print a copy for your records or to share with your accountant. If electronic form filing is not available for your state, we will provide a signature-ready completed form for you to sign and mail.
Do you support companies who pay taxes in more than one state?
Yes. We support all states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico at no additional cost.
What is needed to start electronic payments and filings?
During setup you will print our Application for Electronic Funds Transfer, sign and return it to us. This give us authorization to link your bank account to pay your employees and/or federal and state tax agencies. It takes approximately 10 business days to complete the necessary confirmations from federal and state tax agencies. In the meantime, you can begin payroll immediately, and pay your employees by check today.
Tell me about pricing. How much will it cost?
Prices start at just $40.00 for up to 20 checks per month. We offer a variety of options to customize your account and deliver the right mix of products and services to support your needs. Contact us today to discuss which programs make the most sense for your business.
How do I pay for this service?
Payroll service fees will be automatically deducted from the payment account or charged to the credit card you specify until you cancel the service. You may cancel at any time.
How long is my contract?
One payroll at a time. You may cancel at any time.
How do I set up a new account? How long does it take?
It’s easy! We’ll guide you through the setup process, which takes about an hour for most small companies. You provide company and employee information during this setup process. You can add additional employees or change rates of pay at any time and the changes will be effective immediately.
How soon can I run payroll?
Today. You can pay employees by check today, as soon as you complete your account setup.
I’m ready to enroll. What information do I need to get started?
Generally speaking, you need:
- Business name, address and phone number
- A business bank account with any U.S.-based banking institution
- The structure of your business
- Your Business Tax ID number (TIN) or Employer ID Number (EIN)
- Some basic information for the primary payroll contact/user; including name, phone number and e-mail address
- Your employees’ information including name, address, Social Security Number, tax withholdings, pay rate, and any benefit information
- Information on your business’ payroll cycle
- If you have already paid your employees this year, you will also need employee payroll history